Hello, crafty friends. It's been a hot minute since I last shared. Life just happens that way sometimes, right? First, I was sick for a few days, on top of getting ready for our annual Disney trip, and tying up loose ends on the new Whimsy Stamps Video Team. And all the while trying to recover all the photographs lost here on my blog!
Yes, I laugh to keep from crying and it helps.
I’m so excited to be back sharing inspiration featuring the new Spellbinders Fluted Classic Die Sets by Becca Feeken. In my opinion, die sets like the Fluted Classic Sets are a must-have staple. I love cutting a panel with clean, simple lines with or without the fluted details. And that’s not all. Frames are easy with the die sets and perfect for adding layers to show off your patterned papers. I have three cards to share with you today featuring a few of the Fluted Classic Die Sets and the All Aboard Card Kit.
The first two cards demonstrate how I used the Fluted Classic Rectangle, and Fluted Classic Square Dies to show off the pretty patterns from the All Aboard Paper Pad utilizing a frame, as I mentioned earlier. The first two samples I’m sharing are easy to create, perfect for those in-a-pinch cards.
· Die-cut Navy cardstock from the kit using the large rectangle outer rim die and the large rectangle insert.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to adhere to an A2 card base.
· Die-cut floral-patterned paper using the large rectangle inner rim die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to center floral paper onto Navy cardstock.
· Die-cut cream patterned paper with medium rectangle inner rim die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to center cream patterned paper onto floral paper.
· Die-cut a piece of teal woodgrain patterned paper using the small rectangle outer rim die, the small rectangle insert die, and the small rectangle inner rim die to create a frame.
· Using foam adhesive from kit to center teal frame over cream patterned paper.
· Decorate the card using the ephemera from the All Aboard Kit.
· Die-cut ombre pink/cream plaid patterned paper from All Aboard 6x6 Paper Pad using the large square outer rim die and large square insert die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to add die-cut patterned paper to a square card base (#110 Neenah Avalanche White 4.75” x 4.75”)
· Die-cut deep red twinkle patterned paper from the All Aboard 6x6 Paper pad using the large square inner rim die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to center deep red patterned paper to ombre paper.
· Die-cut cream patterned paper from the All Aboard 6x6 Paper Pad using the medium square outer rim die, the medium square insert, and the medium inner rim die.
· Use foam adhesives from kit to center frame over deep red patterned paper
· Decorate the card using foam stickers from the All Aboard Kit.
· Finish the card by adding Spellbinders Color Essentials Gems, Crystal Mix
My last card is a 5” x 7” card, not something I usually make, but I must admit I like the way it shows off the large gold oval and floral papers.
· Create a 5” x 7” card base using the deep red 8.5” x 11” piece of cardstock
· Dry emboss the front of the card base using the Simply Perfect Florets Embossing Folder
· Die-cut gold foil cardstock from the All Aboard Kit using the large oval outer rim die and large oval insert die.
· Use foam adhesive to center gold foil oval onto the card base.
· Die-cut floral patterned paper from the kit using the large oval inner die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to center floral paper onto the gold foil oval.
· Cut a piece of black cardstock to 1.75” wide, then die-cut using the large oval inner rim die, position the black cardstock in the middle of the large oval inner rim die.
· Use double-sided tape from the kit to add black die-cut cardstock to the center of the floral oval.
· Decorate the card using ephemera and foam adhesive from the kit.
· Finish the card by adding Spellbinders Color Essentials Gems, Red
I would love to hear how you would use the Fluted Classic Dies. Thanks for stopping by and spending time with me today.